Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Confessions of a soccer wife surrounded by the VA mountains, my faith, many cups of coffee
and my 3 sweet men in this sometimes crazy, yet beautifully blessed life!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Confessions of a soccer wife...

*2011 season edition*


I must confess that I'm a little surprised that it's already this time of year. It seems like such a quick turn around and feels like we were just in the region tournament last May/June. These months have surely FLOWN by.



Here's a few confessions this first week to start off the season:


-Our freezer is loaded, stocked, and ready! With frozen chicken nuggets, cabinets filled with spaghetti o's and mac and cheese, and the fridge has a few lunchables for game day quick to-go meals.

-Must confess that I'm cringing thinking about laundry piling up from so much layers of clothes Josh will go through in one week with school and practice. Not only that, but I'm going to lose my clothes washer aka: Josh. No joke ladies, not sure if it's b/c I'm preggo or if he's just on a role, but this Coach has done laundry on his own for probably a straight 2 months.

-I have to confess I am NOT looking forward to putting Jackson down for bed without Josh on late game nights. There won't be many, however J is SUCH a huge Daddy's boy and Josh and I both normally lay him down for bed together. Bedtime will not be easy without Daddy.

-I ironically am looking forward to mine and Jackson usual spot on the grass at Spartan Field where it's in the middle of the stands and potty/food concessions. That's right, we have a fence too so my little one can't dart out on the field and start practicing cornerkicks himself.

-I'm not going to lie, when 3:30pm came around Monday afternoon I had butterflies in my stomach. Excitement and anticipation for a great season.

-I got up 30 minutes early, that's right people, 30 minutes early and made my boys breakfast Monday morning for a good start to tryout week. It may have not been much opening the can to the orange danishes and putting them in the oven (then passing out on the coach waiting on them) but me waking up 30 minutes earlier than I have to is BIG,...BIG people!

-I am super pumped that my wonderful husband has decided to put in some extra time on the weekday practices to give everyone off on Saturdays. Not just a nice break for the gals but also for us too. Now we have him all weekend. This soccer wife is super excited.

-I am looking forward to bi-weekly dinner dates with my fellow soccer wives club and kiddos. Chuck-e-cheese watch out, Spring season is underway and here we come!!!!

-I am looking forward to the annual program dinner Monday night. The entire SHS women's soccer program with their families eat and fellowship with each other kicking off the season. Always nice to see the excitement with the girls and getting to know their families.

-Lastly, I confess I am such a proud Soccer Wife. Josh puts so much time and dedication into this program, team and to developing each of the girls. Hoping to help them as players on the field and also as just good people off the field. As much as I do get "burnt out" of soccer season every now and then, I am so lucky to have a husband that loves what he does and has such a passion and heart for it. He makes Jackson and I a part of it and I love that even more.


Here's to a great 2011 season! :)

1 comment:

Wolford Family said...

Good luck!!! Hope I can still be in the soccer wives club this year!! :-)