Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Confessions of a soccer wife surrounded by the VA mountains, my faith, many cups of coffee
and my 3 sweet men in this sometimes crazy, yet beautifully blessed life!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Have I mentioned I have the best husband ever???

I don't give Josh enough credit sometimes. This weekend he planned a trip to Richmond for the two of us. We were going to take our yearly trip around my bday to Greensboro for Steak N Shake but we decided to change it up. It's always nice to get away during soccer season and he didn't have practice this Saturday so we left Jackson with Josh's mom and hit the road.

We ate at Tropical Smoothie Cafe for lunch, went to Kohl's, Babies-R-Us (they have toddler clothes!), Dave & Busters for games, saw the movie "date night", and went to the Melting Pot for dinner. Oh-my-goodness it was DELICIOUS! We got all nice and dressed up and RELAXED which was really nice. Didn't have to worry the whole meal when Jackson would hit his breaking point at the table and we'd have to take turns finishing our meals-haha! Definitely missed our little buddy but had a wonderful Saturday!

My favorite part of the day was when we were at Dave and Busters. For those who don't know this is an arcade/bar. We don't drink, however we heavilly enjoyed the games! They had a trivia game that 4 people could play at once. The 2 of us were playing by ourselves and the topic "music" came up. The question was: "What is Justin Timberlake's birthplace?". Well you get more points if you answer quicker so when Josh answered "a: memphis, TN" in record time I figured, hey he was just guessing and was just trying to beat me as far as time goes. When the correct answer was revealed I realized he had gotten it right and me wrong. He looked at me and said "duh, hunnie!" while laughing, then got really embarressed and said "I don't know how I knew that." HILARIOUS! We have an NSYNC fan on our hands people!

He always makes me laugh!

2 comments:

April and Brad said...

So cute!! Glad you two got to get away together for the weekend!! Hope to see you VERY VERY soon! :)

Keri Starr said...

Haha don't let him fool you kel! he used to borrow my boy band cds! He kept my mandy moore cd for years!! lol :)