Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Confessions of a soccer wife surrounded by the VA mountains, my faith, many cups of coffee
and my 3 sweet men in this sometimes crazy, yet beautifully blessed life!

Monday, May 27, 2013

5k

About 3 months ago I got some motivation to do the "Couch to 5k plan".  I've never been any sort of "run lover" at all so I definitely had some reservations.  I always struggle with my weight and thought this of course would be great and of course healthy for me to start.  After motivation from running pro: Amy and my super speedy runner husband, I decided, why not try it.  I can honestly say now that I enjoy running.  I don't love it but I do like it and enjoy it.  It's so nice for me to go on a run after work and get rid of stress and everything else before I pick up the boys from school.  Plus it's something for ME...that I enjoy for ME.  My goal starting the coach to 5k was to at least finish the 5k Mannathon on May 18th.  I finished! Yay!  It was such a fun morning to accomplish this milestone with great friends!  I'm so incredibly proud of my friends who have accomplished their goals and ran as well!  You Mommas rock!




Amy thank you for your motivation and accountability!

Finishing like a Champ!






My 8k gal!


5k finishers game face


1 comment:

Wolford Family said...

You did so AWESOME!!!! I'm so proud of you for setting a goal and reaching it! When's our next race?