Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Confessions of a soccer wife surrounded by the VA mountains, my faith, many cups of coffee
and my 3 sweet men in this sometimes crazy, yet beautifully blessed life!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Kiptyn- 1 year

Kiptyn,

One year ago you graced this world with your beautiful presence.  I remember Daddy and I were struggling so much with the decision on having a scheduled c section or not, we weren't sure what was best for you.  We left our weekly doctor appt with one scheduled and I remember being in the car and looking down at my belly and I said to you "If you want to come out before then, it's up to you."  Sounds silly but within 5 hours I was in labor.  Who knew after years of me running behind and late to things you and your brother would be early!

You have been such a joy in our lives Kip.  You are full of energy and you are constantly smiling.  You always have to see what everyone else is doing.  Especially your brother.  You are basically his little shadow.  Everyone thinks so saying you both could be twins if y'all were born together.  You adore him and you have Jackson completely wrapped around your figure.  He helps you get on couches, reads to you, feeds you, has you chase him all around the house,...boy do you love your "bubba".  You have such sweet faces and smiles.  You pull out your cute face, and even a "munchie" face where you scrunch up your nose to where your eyes are almost shut.  I can have a tough day and when I see that face, my worries and troubles just fade away.  You love to laugh and giggle and be silly.  If we are laughing at something you have to join in with us.  Oh how I wish I could bottle up those giggles so they would never expire. 

Kip Kip you have been such a good baby.  The first 6 months I thought you were just going to sleep your whole first year away.  You slept all-the-time.  Still to this day we will lay you down for bed at 8:30pm and you have to be woken up by 9:30am on the weekends.  You are definitely a tough little one too.  You fall, run into stuff, have balls thrown and hit you (wonder who is the culprit there), and you hardly miss a beat.  We definitely know when you are really hurt or upset b/c you finally shed a tear, and that is a rare occasion. 

You are a great eater.  You eat meat, breads, and fruit.  We asked the doctor about you never wanting veggies and he didn't seem concerned.  His actual quote was: "He may not eat any til he's 16 and his girlfriend tells him it's cool to eat vegetables".  You love milk and drinking from straws and your even getting a lot of independence by taking your own fork and trying to feed yourself.

You love the pool, baths, any sort of ball, bubbles, and your favorite toys since before you could crawl was our directv remote.  You love that stinking thing.  You do not like anything that has you sitting down for a long period of time...highchairs, grocery carts,...etc.  You want to get moving yourself.  Such a busy boy.  Just like your Daddy and brother.

We could not be more happy to be your parents.  I look at you and your brother and just know that when God created me it was to be you boy's "Momma".  I thank Him daily for that responsibility and honor.  You are such an amazing blessing and I am so proud to be your Mommy.  Looking forward to more adventures as you become a toddler!

Love you Sweet Pea.
Momma


No comments: