Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Confessions of a soccer wife surrounded by the VA mountains, my faith, many cups of coffee
and my 3 sweet men in this sometimes crazy, yet beautifully blessed life!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Embrace the little stuff!

My husband is so amazing.  I am always worried about trying to get the little things done when I get home from work.  Dishes, dinner, baths, laundry, bills,...etc.  He has done a terrific job lately of making me just stop when I get into those "frenzies".  With the boys getting so big so quickly he just grabs me and reminds me to stop and capturing the "little stuff".  He often reminds me,...Jackson and Kiptyn won't be this age forever and to stop getting so worried and caught up with the "to do list".  I am so thankful for that.  I've done a better job now to even include them in those daily things that just have to get done....



Kiptyn helping with the dishes (or just taking the sauces out of the fridge and loading them in the dishwasher).



Jackson is constantly my "sou chef".  Helping me with dinner and of course desserts.







Taking the time to watch J play Madden as the Redskins no doubt,...is he not exactly like his Daddy?!

I don't want to look back 5 years from now wishing I wouldn't have missed out on the little stuff.  Especially the little stuff that means so much to my kids.  It's so hard to get caught up in our daily lives and to do lists.  I'd rather leave the dishes in the sink for weeks before I missed out on the opportunies to just color with Jackson or reading 4 books to Kiptyn in a row.  It's the little stuff that makes the difference and I'm working hard to embrace all the seconds!

1 comment:

Kelsey Webber said...

I very much needed to read this as well! Thanks Kelly!