Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Confessions of a soccer wife surrounded by the VA mountains, my faith, many cups of coffee
and my 3 sweet men in this sometimes crazy, yet beautifully blessed life!

Monday, March 8, 2010

For my special "Soccer Wives"...

Happy Monday everyone. I just wanted to share something that Josh had made me for Christmas. He had printed the below cute poems and framed them for me. We just have started for the past couple years doing more "less expensive and creative" gifts for Christmas. Yes I know I am 3 months behind sharing this on the blog, however I wanted to wait for the appropriate time. You see, it's very meaningful and specifically during this season that we are beginning. To all my Soccer Wives,...this is for you as well. It's not easy being the "coach's wife" all the time. Just wanted to let you all know you are amazing and I love you all and I am praying for you all during this busy time of year!
"The Woman With No Name."

Who's that sitting there?
She's here for every game.
"Oh, she's just the coach's wife.
I can't recall her name."

That's all the recognition that
A coach's wife will get.
Unless she's very vocal
And with each call she throws a fit.

You're a housewife, working mother,
Assistant Coach and lover too.
And if time permits
There's more for you to do.

You sometimes feel you're third
On the list of things to do.
First, there's the game,
Then the kids, then maybe you.

You never have much money.
Sears and Penny's get your trade.
And just when you think you're settled
Another move is made.

You begin to wonder
If it's worth the pressure, hurt and pain.
And those silly kids
Go and win another game.

The home folks, they go crazy.
And you get a smile or two.
And it starts to make worth
All the things that you've been through.

One has or acquires many different qualities to be a coach's wife. Patience, kindness, and above all, the ability to hold one's tongue are all virtues of this lady. It isn't easy sitting in the stands and listening to many so-called "experts" give their opinion on what their husband should or should not be doing. Whether the team wins or loses, she is and remains her husband's biggest fan. The one person he can always count on. She listens to what might have gone wrong and serves as an assistant coach in the early morning hours. Many times, serving as a buffer, this lady saves quite a few of the players or fans from the brunt of their coach's anger.
To this woman with no name except that of "The Coach's Wife", we salute you.


1 comment:

Wolford Family said...

Thanks for a great post, Kelly! I started out this week CHOOSING to have a more positive attitude about soccer. So far, it's working pretty well! There are still times I want to pull my hair out, but choosing to be more positive is helping ;-) Hope to make it to a game when it warms up enough!