Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Confessions of a soccer wife surrounded by the VA mountains, my faith, many cups of coffee
and my 3 sweet men in this sometimes crazy, yet beautifully blessed life!

Friday, November 27, 2009

Restless

Within the past 3 hours I recently found out that one of my friends from high school (played ball with her) husband had past away unexpectedly. 26 years old, working on a degree to be a doctor at UVA with a 13 mo old little girl and just recently found out they were expecting their 2nd child in June. He had gotten stuck in a cave in Utah. May have seen it on the news here:http://www.newsleader.com/article/20091130/NEWS01/911300310. It's been heard about nationally.

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and Josh and I decided to start a new tradition for our family. Before we left to run around for the day, the 3 of us sat down and prayed together in our living room floor. Thanking God for all of our many, many undeserving blessings. Yet thanking Him for the people in our lives, our jobs, our home, cars,...I never once thanked him for my life here on earth. Each day is a blessing from God. Even if we have a bad day and think that things just possibly couldn't get any worse,...it is still so much better than we deserve!

I am just in complete shock about this news. I am emotionally heartbroken for my friend. I have probably sat in front of my computer for hours dumbfounded and bawling for her. She is such a strong woman of Christ and I know will get through this. Emily you and your family are in our deepest thoughts and prayers. Even if we don't understand, God always has a plan.

Revelations 21:4 "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away"

My friends, please be in strong prayer for this family.

No comments: