Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Confessions of a soccer wife surrounded by the VA mountains, my faith, many cups of coffee
and my 3 sweet men in this sometimes crazy, yet beautifully blessed life!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"It's beginning to look a lot like,..."

" ...Kelly is so behind on Christmas!" I mean "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"! Boy do I feel so behind. Haven't finished shopping or decorating (just took down my harvest flag and pumpkin off my porch, maybe 4 days ago) or done a Christmas card. PS: don't be offended if you don't get a card,...it's probably b/c this year I may not do them. We were going to take family pics for it, however Jackson decided he was going to play around and headbutt mommy and give her I nice shiner under my eye. Anyway, back on topic, I have started to get into the Christmas spirit. It just feels like December has just snuck up on me this year. Josh calls me a Scrooge up until after Thanksgiving b/c I don't start listening to any Christmas music til the Friday after Thanksgiving. Not that I don't enjoy the holiday melodies, it's just my weird thing I guess.


Us Jones' have already started doing some of our Christmas traditions.

1. Hunting for our perfect tree (aka: short and fat,...like me :) and we SO found it! I don't know who gave Josh a saw, but watch out! We even had this cute little lumberjack to help us find our Griswold tree!





2. Decorating our tree as a family. Buddy attempted putting on the star.


3. Camping out in the living room on the night we decorate our tree. Notice the containers of puppy chow and chex mix that I just decided was a necessity that our camping out could not continue without.


4. We also leave for Tennessee next week! So excited. Something we look forward to every December. Hope that the drive down won't be too crazy with a 18month old! Wish us luck!


I'll leave you with those few traditions of our family. Anyone have any others that they do with their family? Would love to hear them!

Enjoy the rest of the week! :)


2 comments:

Wolford Family said...

That is one handsome lumberjack! The Wolfords are being scrooges this year...we're not even putting up a tree. We're both too busy this December to deal with watering and vaccuming pine needles and too tired to decorate it and keep little 2 year old hands off of it. We'll get back in the Holiday spirit next year for sure though!

Emily said...

I just want to chase that little lumberjack down and squeeze him...so precious!!!