Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Confessions of a soccer wife surrounded by the VA mountains, my faith, many cups of coffee
and my 3 sweet men in this sometimes crazy, yet beautifully blessed life!

Friday, April 24, 2009

I saw Obama's home!


This past weekend Meaghan (aka Chester) and I got to take a trip up to go see Ashlee in DC! It was my very first time to go see her there since she's lived in DC for over a year so I was super excited. Altough we planned to leave at 7 Saturday morning, we didn't leave til after 8 (**cough cough Meaghan cough cough** haha). When we were getting close to the city limits we got a taste of some city traffic. P.S. Ashlee you're my hero if you can not have road rage 24/7 driving around there!! My goodness just to know and keep track of which metro to catch to go which different direction...phew!!
Us waiting on the metro.


We had a really good time going out to eat for lunch and walking around some of the shops downtown. We got to relax at Ashlee and Zack's apartment and hang out on top of their roof. Here's a look at their view!



At least we think we're funny,...that's what matters, right??


We ate out for dinner too and like a bunch of old folks we went to bed after a later dinner! Haha! :) We were just a little bit exhausted.
After we woke up and got ready mine and Meg's tour guides aka Zack and Ashlee gave us a brief, but yet interesting tour. I still don't know how they don't mix up stuff and get lost. Boy I couldn't live in a busy city. Ashee I'm giving you major props here!!! By the way our tour guide was also an amazing photographer!


Altough it was just a short trip and we had to come back to good ole Salem the next day we had a really good time. :)

No comments: