Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Confessions of a soccer wife surrounded by the VA mountains, my faith, many cups of coffee
and my 3 sweet men in this sometimes crazy, yet beautifully blessed life!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Conquering our Fears

This past week Jackson and I conquered several of our fears!

This Saturday I turned another year older. I know I'm not ancient or anything but for some reason I just was in a bit of a funk on Saturday afternoon that I was turning *whisper*24*whisper*! For some reason for years I've just felt like I've recently graduated high school. Haha I know, it's been 6 years, I'm just getting older. And for some reason I've had an abundance of people ask me trying to be funny "how old do ya feel?" this birthday or something to pretty much make the point that I'm older. Hello, that doesn't help!! :) Anyway along with another year comes another age. Conquered my fear of getting another year older, 24 here I am!

By the way, some of you might be wondering if I serious wore that hat in public, well yes I did. Cyndee lou made me wear it at Red Lobster on a busy Saturday night. Don't ya love Keira Mae's munchy face and Jman's leftover dinner still on his face? Crazy kiddos! Love them to pieces.


Also Jackson conquered several fears. Strangely he has been afraid of grass. I know the son of Josh afraid of grass. Every time he is set in it he freaks out. This past week we've been warming him up to it and he's been a brave little trooper.

To prevent Mr from crawling in between the back & side of couch and the wall we have been putting one of Jackson's toys as a blockade so he won't travel back there. It is this bobble penguin that when he was much smaller he hit it and it bounced back and hit him in the face and knocked him over. He hasn't cared for it much since then. Well he was brave enough to move it aside to go get a ball that he had thrown behind mr. peguin.


Lastly we are still very much working on him and the vacuum. He cries every time Josh turns it on. We tried yesterday to have him help to get him comfortable to it so vacuuming doesn't constantly become a 2 person job (Josh vacuuming, me holding Jackson).

Haven't we just become brave souls??? :)

2 comments:

Wolford Family said...

hahahah...the vac. picture is the best!! I'm so glad you had a good birthday weekend. We're taking you out ASAP! Love ya!

Keri Starr said...

haha i lovee the vac pic!!!