Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Confessions of a soccer wife surrounded by the VA mountains, my faith, many cups of coffee
and my 3 sweet men in this sometimes crazy, yet beautifully blessed life!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Our new family member

No I haven't had the baby yet, still have less than 6 weeks to go!


However, we do have a new member of the Jones family! We went to the Salem Fair over a week ago and I am pleased to announce that our new member has actually lived 8 days with us successfully. Josh and I placed bets on how long it would last. Awful, I know. But introducing....


Jackson Howard Jones! .....

No not the cutie in the picture looking at the fish,...that's the fish's name! I'm still forcing "Nemo" on him when I talk about him but unfortunately the 3 year old keeps correcting me!




As opposed as we were to take the fish home from the fair and not leave it for some other kid to win, we thought it be a good lesson for Jackson.

#1: b/c he has to take care of it. Feed it, help Mommy clean the tank (b/c we KNOW Daddy ain't going to)

#2: it will also give us the opportunity to explain to him things we haven't had to yet whenever "Nemo" goes to fishy Heaven. We have heard fish don't live long (like we would know that), so we did sit down with him and tell him that starting off too.


Cross your fingers,...hopefully the name Nemo will catch on sooner or later!



No comments: