Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Keeping up with the Jones Crew

Confessions of a soccer wife surrounded by the VA mountains, my faith, many cups of coffee
and my 3 sweet men in this sometimes crazy, yet beautifully blessed life!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

3 years


Dear Jackson:


Has it really been 3 years?!



3 years ago my life changed forever. You graced us with your beautiful presence at 6:01pm after 18 hours of labor. I still remember the first time I saw you. Your Daddy was so sweet. Having a c-section he could see you before me, but he waited by my side to see you the same time as me! I remember holding you for the first time knowing our lives would never be the same...


You are the biggest blessing we could have ever imagined. I thought your Daddy was the goofiest person I would ever meet. I was wrong. You are so stinking silly. You and your quirky faces and expressions. Goofy sounds and words that you and him decide to make up and have their own meaning to that just you two know. You could fill up a notebook of all the games you two make up. You are all about activity. It surprises me we don't have to get you a new pair of nikes for you monthly. You never stop. GO GO GO! You love going to all sorts of ball games. In fact if you know when they are and they are cancelled for any reason you are seriously bummed out! You want to climb on any and everything and jump off of it after you get there. Which sometimes surprises me b/c I do call you my sensitive little flower sometimes because you can't stand bugs. You whine if there's the slightest piece of lent in your bath water. Again, just like your Daddy. You are a mini version of him. I remember writing you a letter last year stating how much you were like him. Now that another year has gone by I actually see a few things of me finally starting to come out in you. We are both stubborn and emotional. We are both definitely not morning people and knowing this your Daddy plays referee on most Sunday mornings before church. You love to watch the same favorite movies over and over again and listen to the same song over again just like me. Even your favorite mickey episodes that we DVR'd. You are a lot like your momma loving coffee. If you see that Grandmommy has a cup not supervised you dart right to it and chug it down! You are such a sweet and caring little boy. So polite with your "yes ma'am", "please"&"thank you", and if we are in conversation or on the phone you always say "excuse me" to get our attention. You have been such a big help with preparing for your little brother. You say how later you'll do certain things with "your baby". I can't wait to see you two together.


Buddy it has been my greatest joy being your Momma for the past 3 years!



I love sweet boy!

Mommy





1 comment:

April and Brad said...

OH Jackson!!! So glad we got to celebrate your birthday with you sweet boy! :)